Finally an alternative to store-bought shaving cream! I have tried using plain soap or body wash (can we say razor burn?!) and also plain conditioner (worked fine but not silky enough for me) So yes I will admit I was still using store-bought, but now I can kiss it goodbye! I was using lotionized shave creme, but looking at the label makes me cringe. Sulfates, parabens, and a whole bunch of other crap I can’t even pronounce. I am so glad this homemade shaving lotion can be made without all that! Not to mention it works great and leaves your skin feeling silky smooth.
I found this recipe here but I did modify it a bit to make it more natural
- 1 cup shampoo (I used 1 cup of my homemade liquid castile soap)
- 1 cup conditioner (I used Simply U sulfate and paraben free conditioner)
- 5 tablespoons baby oil (I used grape seed oil)
- 5 tablespoons lotion (I used 1/2 cup of St. Ives with natural moisturizers, but I plan on using homemade lotion in the future)
- Essential oils (optional, I did not use any in this batch but probably will in the future)
Wisk all ingredients together, pour into a bottle and you are done! I am absolutely in love with this stuff and never plan on buying any chemical laden shaving cream from the store again! I store mine in a pump bottle, which makes it super convenient. Enjoy!
I will leave you with this bonus tip… Dry your razor blades off when you get out of the shower. They will last longer, seriously!