Today I fully intended on making chocolate chip cookies, but I ended up with these instead…. soft and yummy heath bar cookies. I wanted to try this recipe I found for The BEST-EVER Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. With a name like that they have to be good right?! Well I am always on a quest to make things healthier so I changed a few ingredients, and then I realized I was out of chocolate chips! My husband loves the heath bar candy so luckily I had some of that to use instead. I use crushed heath bar for a trifle that I make for the holidays, so I had some hiding in the cabinets shhhhh 🙂
I am sure these really would be awesome chocolate chip cookies, but you won’t be sorry if you try making them this way too. They were a huge hit, my husband and daughter both ate 7 cookies today! But before anyone starts making comments about letting my child eat that many cookies, she has a very healthy and balanced diet and we do not eat treats very often 🙂 She kept sneaking them when I wasn’t looking lol. My husband gave these a 9 on a scale of 1-10, yay!
So here you go, The Best-Ever Chewy Heath Bar Cookies – Makes about 3 dozen
- 3/4 cup butter, softened (I use salted but either would be fine)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup Stevia In The Raw (or white sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp butter flavoring
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Heath Bars, crushed
1. Pre-heat over to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, mix in vanilla extract, butter flavor and egg.
3. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
4. Stir in crushed heath bar.
5. Drop dough onto prepared baking sheets, 1 tablespoon at a time.
6. Bake 8-10 minutes, until the edges are barely golden. Do not cook longer than 10 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, move to wire rack to cool completely.
8. Try not to burn yourself as you are shoveling them into your mouth!